Tuesday 25 August 2015

The Art of Book Folding

So here we are, the start of a new venture.

Looks Inviting has been my own crafting business since 2006. During that time I originally created thousands of handmade wedding invitations for clients - all very time consuming but also very rewarding.

I then discovered book folding and I was instantly hooked. I started producing my own designs and selling the finished books in a local craft outlet in my home town of Market Deeping on the Cambridgeshire Lincolnshire border. Initially the patterns were created by hand, but then my husband helped me out by developing some software which does most of the work and produces very clear and professional patterns. So now I can now move into the word of digital downloads and sell my unique designs to others for them to enjoy. This means that I get to make one of each design so that you can see exactly what the finished design will look like, which is a perfect excuse for spending all my evenings folding books.

Please bear with me as the number of designs build up. I'm folding as quickly as I can!